VetClick Discussion Forum

Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by Rebecca 
Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet
March 31, 2013 08:55AM
Hi Rhiannon

That's a good start towards your goal of becoming a vet, but your grades will need to be the in the A range rather than B's or C's. You will need Sciences and Maths as your A level studies. Just keep working hard, as you clearly are, and also get as much practical experience with animals as possible. It all helps but doesn't guarantee a palce as vet school because competition for places is always fierce. Good luck.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Lisa Lonetti
January 08, 2016 03:29PM
Hi everyone,
I am currently attending my fourth (out of five) year at my high school (I think you would call it a Scientific lyceum) in Italy and I wanted to apply to a vet university in Scotland.
We do not take GCSES, but just a big final exam at the end of our fifth. I have good grades in science (which includes chemistry, biology and natural sciences), and I also attend maths and physics classes.
I am a few months away from getting my IELTS and I also have a B1 level in French, achieved with a DELF exam.
I'm quite a good student and I think I can achieve the 95/100 required by the universities I am interested in, but I do not have the possibility to carry out a four week working experience as no vet offers it in the area.
I would like to know if I have, by mean, any chances of getting in.
Sincerely,
Lisa
Olivia M
January 16, 2016 11:03AM
hi,

I am picking my options in a couple of months and I was wondering what I needed to choose.
I have already decided to do triple science but I don't know what else I would need to take.
please could you help me as I would really like to become a vet.

thanks,
Olivia m

PS: what grades would I need in maths/English ?
mh
January 20, 2016 04:07PM
Hi , I'm 17 year old for this year. Is the last year of secondary school. But I still dunno what is my ambition. . I'm not confidence enough to my dream. Did anyone can answer me if I would like to be a veterinarian. What subject is matter and what is not?
Chloe 111
January 21, 2016 09:50PM
Hi there I'm just wondering what subjects I should take next year to become a vet I will be doing highers and basically need 5 As .I just recently got my maths prelim results back and didn't to too well but I am really good at physics I was wondering if I could take just physics instead of both maths and physics and take history instead of maths as I feel I am more likely to get an A in history than maths I'm not sure if I would be accepted if I took history instead
Anon.
January 26, 2016 09:17PM
Hi,

I'm currently doing my GCSE's and even though I could, I decided against EBACC. I am predicted an A* in Maths and English and an A/B in Science.

Would this be enough to become a vet?

Yours

J
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved