VetClick Discussion Forum

wildlife internship

Posted by viobis 
wildlife internship
November 17, 2006 01:05PM
Hi,
My name is Violaine Colon. I am a French student in the final year of DVM at the University of Liege, Belgium.

I would like to know some informations an veterinary internship (1 year) and if possible paid. If you know some places which offer this type of position.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.
Re: wildlife internship
November 17, 2006 01:26PM
Your question would be better answered in the Ask the Vet section of these forums.
However, if it is specifically wildlife you are interested in I would think that some wildlife hospitals , like ours, can offer placements for voluntary work experience, but probably unpaid!
Reprieve
February 26, 2008 03:45PM
Hello viobis,

The American Association of Wildlife Vets, the European Association of Wildlife Vets, the Wildlife Diseases Agency (WDA) are good places to start.

There are websites like VetClick, jobs-veterinary.com, animal jobs.com and they regularly feature internships......

Also try the Unis that are biased towards Wildlife, esp in the UK, USA and Australia.

Good luck- even though I'm 18 months late with a reply! smiling smiley
jellieton
May 09, 2008 03:04AM
Violaine,

If you are still looking for an internship and are interested in the United States I suggest you look into the C.R.O.W. clinic located in Florida.

[www.crowclinic.org]

I cannot give you information regarding pay but they have a nationally renowned program with a wonderful reputation in humaine and ethical treatment of patients.

Good luck!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved