VetClick Discussion Forum

Fox Living in the Back Garden

Posted by Darren_StHelens 
Fox Living in the Back Garden
November 20, 2008 01:36PM
Hi Caroline,

I own a house that I have not lived in for some time. The back garden is quite large is very over-grown and has at least one fox living there.
The local council have asked me to clear the garden at the request of a neighbour. I could possibly leave the mound where the entrance to the den is but would need a mechanical digger to clear the rest of the land. Will this disturb them and cause them to leave as I really don't mind them living there and suspect they keep vermin to a minimum.
Thanks in advance,
Darren
Re: Fox Living in the Back Garden
November 20, 2008 02:27PM
HI Darren
As long as you don't cause any disturbance to the fox earth itself then there shouldn't be a problem.
I would advise carrying out this work as soon as possible as we are just coming up to the breeding period for foxes so if the work is put off for too long then there is the possibility of there being a pregnant vixen, or if left even longer, cubs in the earth & it would certainly be more risky at that point.
This advice is given assuming that you are in the UK.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved