VetClick Discussion Forum

Grey cloudy vaginal discharge from my dog

Posted by danni 
danni
Grey cloudy vaginal discharge from my dog
August 12, 2008 11:59AM
Hi

I have a 4 year old white staffordshire bull terrier bitch. She was in season about 8 weeks ago and during her season her blood turned a milky white colour for about 2 days and she was off her food and a little lethargic. When this cleared up she was back to her bubbly self and I put it down to a possible water infection or somthing. Last night when I came hom from work my dog was very quiet and stayed in her basket and didnt bother with me not matter how hard i tried. This morning I sat her up on the sofa with me and she seemed very quiet, when she jumped down there was spots of this milky grey dishcharge on the floor which I immediately cleaned up, i let her out to go to the toilet and she looked like she was struggling to be able to wee. Could this be a water infection or something more sinister? I am very worried and cant get her to the vets until tomorrow morning. Any advice would be great appreciated.
Re: Grey cloudy vaginal discharge from my dog
August 13, 2008 04:06PM
Hi,

This sounds very like pyometra - a septic condition of the womb which usually appears about 8 weeks after being in season. It is a life threatening condition, and I found the only satisfactory treatment was a hysterectomy a soon as possible.

W
Xavla
Re: Grey cloudy vaginal discharge from my dog
December 24, 2015 12:22AM
Hi danni, did you ever find out what it was that result from your dog having the discharge? My dog'sitting having gray cloudy discharge right now and I'm very worried. Can't take her to the vet u til tomorrow.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved