VetClick Discussion Forum

Breathing noises

Posted by Diane Fassler 
Diane Fassler
Breathing noises
May 28, 2005 09:27PM
My dog is breathing as if he has asthma, should I be concerned?
He is still very active, but sometimes I find him eating things outside that he finds and I am wondering if he may have eaten a bad bone.
Re: Breathing noises
May 29, 2005 11:17AM
Hi, Diane,
It is unlikely that anything he has eaten will produce the effects that you describe.
What breed is he, how old is he, how long has this been going on, is it present all the time or just occasionally?
Please answer these questions, and I may be able to make a suggestion.
Walter
kim
Re: Breathing noises
June 01, 2005 11:22AM
Hi Diane

I was concerned when I first brought my staffie pup (Blue) home. While he slepted he would grunt and gurgle, almost like he was choking. Apparently, with this breed and some other types, it normal, with staffies its because they have a shorter nasal passage and thats why they grunt.

I felt relieved once this had been explained to me, although, as he has grown he has become even louder and has also taken to grunting when wandering around the house in search of a tit bit or two!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved