VetClick Discussion Forum

Thanks!

Posted by j.saroian 
Thanks!
June 10, 2008 10:32PM
For not answering my question about my dying cat. One would think this would be priority, but...my too controversial for you.
Will include all this on my own website, along with complaint to the ASPCA.
Jenifer Saroian
Re: Thanks!
June 12, 2008 11:02PM
I'm sorry that your cat died, I know how that feels having lost many pets in the past including my dog very recently. However, I feel that blaming this website is slightly unjust. No offence to you, but perhaps you should have taken the cat to the vet rather than consult a website if you knew that the cat was dying, because very little can be done over the internet, and vets are not miracle workers, and generally need to see the animal before they can make a diagnosis. The website is free, and it is just that, a website, and so I am sure that the vets who respond on here assume that if the problem is very urgent then the owner will take the animal straight to the vet, rather than waiting around for a response. I am sorry to be harsh, but I feel like this needed to be pointed out to you. I am sure that the problem was not to controversial for the vets, but I am sure that they cannot just sit around on the internet all day just waiting for peoples problems, especially seeing as the website is free! I am sorry for your loss, but this website provides great help for owners queries, however it is probably not great to rely on in the case of an emergency.
June 12, 2008 11:19PM
Also, to be fair you did get a reply, but when you write on and english website that you want to kill your cat yourself, (an action which is illegal in this country) you can hardly expect anyone to back you up! What did you expect? That someone was going to send you some free vicodin? Unfortunately for you, such actions are fortunately illegal in this country.
June 14, 2008 11:37AM
Hi, Jenifer,

I was unavoidably away from my desk from Monday to Thursday, and unable to answer any 'Ask the Vet' questions.
Not only is there no charge for any advice given, but I do it without payment with the intent of helping worried pet owners everywhere. I am the only veterinarian involved, and I try to deal with all questions twice daily when I can. I am sorry that I was unable to deal with your enquiry as quickly as you or I would have wished, but this site is not meant to replace 'hands-on' treatment by a veterinarian.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved