VetClick Discussion Forum

Skin prob in pup

Posted by Lucy 
Lucy
Skin prob in pup
April 17, 2005 07:35PM
My boxer gave birth to 2 puppies 2 weeks ago. One of the pups, a white bitch has developed some sort of condition on her back.
She and mum dont seem bothered by it. It looks like a scale on the skin that has tufted the hair together, when this gets wet though, it starts to come away from her skin which looks healthy underneath.
Is it something like cradle cap that babies get and will it clear itself up?
Re: Skin prob in pup
April 18, 2005 07:41AM
Hi, Lucy,
You are the first breeder of a Boxer litter than I have come across who actually admits to having bred a white puppy!
This sounds like 'scald' on its back. Gentle cleansing and removal of the dead hair should clear it up.
Walter
Lucy
Re: Skin prob in pup
April 19, 2005 01:13PM
Thanks for the message. i have cleansed and removed it and she looks sooo much better. Thank you very much.
With regards to admitting white boxers, I think almost every breeder has had at least one, we dont mean to, but you dont know what your going to get at the end of the day. I love all my babies and shes gorgeous.
Thanks again
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved