VetClick Discussion Forum

Signs of sickness

Posted by Sierra1013 
Signs of sickness
February 15, 2005 01:05AM
What are signs of sickness in a dog and what could they mean? I have a 4 month old black lab who was her normal self this morning and then she started getting lazy. She all of a sudden started going to the bathroom random places around and when taken outside, still continued. She then started bleeding which I was told is not abnormal for a 4 month old to be in heat. Her nose is warm and dry which was a sign of sickness in a dog I had years ago and she had parvo. The vet is closed until the morning but we couldn't catch the parvo in my other dog before it was too late and this dog means too much to the family to lose. I need help!
Re: Signs of sickness
February 15, 2005 07:52AM
Hi,
At 4 months old your lab should have been vaccinated against all the common infections, including parvo.
4 months is very early for a lab bitch to come into season - you do not describe any othe signs to confim that.
Your vet must have a 24 hour service ( if you are e-mailing from the UK) and should be available in case of emergency. Describe the situation to your vet on the phone, and leave him/her to decide if it requires urgent attention.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved