VetClick Discussion Forum

anul glands extract blood? Help!

Posted by Aimee 
Aimee
anul glands extract blood? Help!
August 10, 2004 02:42AM
My 9 year old Parie Daschound has had his left anul gland removed lastyear and latley hes been licking nonstop at rearend . Of course I took him to the vet and the Doc squeezed the right anul gland and in total shock!his fluid , blood squirting out of the NorthWest of his rectum not in the duct part where it should be squirting from . Ive looked everywhere on the internet and No luck . Id like for someone to Email me info on this if you have any good news . Thanks ,right now hes sleeping happily.
Re: anul glands extract blood? Help!
August 10, 2004 06:52AM
Hi, Aimee,
You dachshund has experienced an Anal Gland Abscess, which has burst, as abscesses usually do, to the nearest point on the skin.
Presumably his other Anal Gland was removed because of repeated blockage, causing irritation. The remaining one has blocked again, and an infection has set in, causing the abscess. Let you veterinarian see him. He will be able to clean out the abscess cavity and maybe give him some antibiotics to control the infection. He may be able at a later date to remove the anal sac so as to prevent a recurrance, but that is more difficult after it has abscessed because of local adhesions occurring.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved