VetClick Discussion Forum

my lovely dog

Posted by Worried Owner 
Worried Owner
my lovely dog
July 21, 2004 01:02PM
has anyone heard of 'Feldmar Formula', is it safe? how much should be given to my dog, do i have to visit the vet every time? my dog dosen't seem to like it.
Re: my lovely dog
July 22, 2004 06:45AM
Sorry, but 'Feldmar Formula' is a product which I have never heard of. If you tell me the ingrediants, and what it is intended to treat, and who makes it, I may be able to trace it.
Walter
April 09, 2005 09:08PM
Sad person that I must be, I was trawling through the older messages on the forum when I came across this question about Feldmar Formula.

The Feldmar Formula was a mixture of seven drugs made up to his own recipe by a vet who got struck off for doing so. It included several drugs for cattle and sheep use only.

The words 'don't', 'touch' 'with' and 'bargepole' spring to mind.

Richard Allport, BVetMed, MRCVS, VetMFHom
April 10, 2005 08:17AM
Thanks for the reminder, Richard - it all comes back to me now.
Your advice to 'Worried Owner' is 100% correct. Even if is still available, which I doubt, keep well clear of it.
Walter
Zinnia
April 11, 2005 09:04AM
Would Feldmar Formula, breach cascade guidelines?. If it did what should be done. What would an owner do if their pet has been poisoned with Feldmar Formula?. How quickly would it be removed from use?. What would the effect of using this combination of drugs on dogs/cats be?.
Caren Edmead.
April 11, 2005 09:46AM
I was wondering what this drug is supposed to be used for?
April 11, 2005 01:14PM
As I recall, it was a mixture made up by a veterinary surgeon and sold illegally to 'treat' a variety of illnesses. The vet was disciplined by the RCVSW and 'struck off'
The product should no longer be available. The 'cascade' is irrelevant - the mixture was an illegal peparation.
Caren Edmead.
April 11, 2005 01:29PM
If the Vet who made up this combination of drugs has been "struck off", then i wonder who has offered or advised the use of it for "Worried Owners" dog?
Caren.
April 11, 2005 06:49PM
Over to you, 'Worried Owner'! Who is offering you this stuff?
Michael West
April 11, 2005 08:28PM
Walter I am lost with you- first you say you have never heard of Feldmar Formula and then you seem to have an extremely good recall on it?
Caren Edmead.
April 12, 2005 07:43AM
Michael,
It seems to me that you only come on this site to be rude to others.
You never seem to give any real "Advise".
What you have just said to Walter, i think that this is called somebody "Jogging his memory".
Caren.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved