VetClick Discussion Forum

Lump on my cats head, she seems in pain :-(

Posted by buzz-b 
Ethan
Re: Lump on my cats head
September 04, 2012 07:48PM
Our 13 year old cat has both a kidney stone, ckd and a large lump over her eye.

She is exhibiting some signs of pain : sitting hunched with her face to the wall, change in habits (staying out of e bed), sitting and staring at her food/water for hours. Sitting next to the bed staring at us and not coming in (though she did closer to the morning instead of immediately like usual)

We are wondering if the lump above her eye - which is pushing the eye closed a bit - could be causing pressure and pain?
And is there is anything to do about this?

Or is it more likely the kidney? We are giving sub-cutaneous fluids and drugs and diet as proscribed by Whiskers.

The lump is not an abscess. It is some growth that we have decided not to operate on due to the low chance of success combine with the kidney issues.

There are a lot of tears as we try to decide if she is in too much pain and needs to go to sleep.

Any advice wilds appreciated.

Ethan
Frannie
little white lump in 'eyebrow'area
November 25, 2012 01:11AM
Meoshi is a 5 year old seal point Siamese. About 1 yr ago I noticed a little white area in his eyebrow. It became more prominent over time. Although it is not big, it is very obvious against the dark fur. The Vet checked it, didn't seem overly concerned and said that without doing a biopsy she couldn't be sure if it was something serious. It has been stable for at least 6 mos. now. The most curious thing, is that my 2 year old seal point Simcah is getting the same thing in the same place. They are not related. I have searched for info to see if this is common to Siamese but have not found any info so I'm assuming it's not. Very strange coincidence???
Re: little white lump in 'eyebrow'area
November 29, 2012 03:32PM
Hi Frannie

I can't say what the area with the white lump in your cat's eyebrow is from your description. Your vet was correct about a biosy being the way forward to diagnose any significant skin lump or abnormality. If you don't feel you want or need to do that now then at least keep a close check on both your cats and if for either cat the problem suddenly changes in appearance or increases in size then return to your vet to see if they think there is a need for a biopsy.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved