VetClick Discussion Forum

Which cat disease ??? Please HELP

Posted by repeater 
repeater
Which cat disease ??? Please HELP
August 08, 2013 10:53PM
Hi!
I just lost 2 kittens in last 2 days before that they were out in the rain, they ate food after rain and I dried them to prevent them from cold, but after one day one of them starts hiding, stop eating and had saliva coming from mouth, he only had some water and tried to put his paws in water and at night he died yesterday same thing happened with the second one. They both did not seems to have any cold, cough or sneeze. Can you elaborate what fatal disease could cause such instant death. I will be grateful.

Thank you.
Re: Which cat disease ??? Please HELP
August 13, 2013 04:55PM
Hi

That's very sad. Young kittens can fall victim to any of the viral cat diseases very quickly. Feline enteritis might have been the cause. Occasionally cat flu viruses can also be very virulent and fatal even before respiratory signs develop. If the kittens were already quite weak and became cold this would not have helped them fight off infections. You did your best but I think the odds were stacked against them.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved