VetClick Discussion Forum

cat urinating in her sleep

Posted by tanya 
tanya
cat urinating in her sleep
July 02, 2004 10:30AM
Hi,

I have a 8 year old neutered female Burmese cat. She has had 2 litters when younger before I owned her. I have had her for 4 years. She is up to date on all her injections.

Recently I have noticed she accidentally urinates in her sleep - not a huge amount, but it is happening once or twice a week now. She seems unaware that it has happened as she is an incredibly clean creature and would be upset if she knew! I have once seen her urinate neatly in the sink when her catflap was accidentally locked and she could not get out or get me to understand why she was acting so distressed - I mention this as an example of her cleanliness.

Have you any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Thanks for your help.

Tanya
Waltervet
Re: cat urinating in her sleep
July 03, 2004 07:48AM
Hi, Tanya,
You will need to get this checked out by your vet who may need to do a complete 'work-up' There are sevaral possibilities - stones in the bladder, which may need surgey, weakness of the neck of the bladder allowing urine to leak, which would probably respond to medication, over production of very dilute urine resulting from a chronic kidney condition.
Walter
s smith
July 03, 2004 12:46PM
Don't have surgery....
Tanya
July 20, 2004 01:30PM
why do you say 'don't have surgery' s smith?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved