VetClick Discussion Forum

My Cavalier King Charles has a black spot on her lip

Posted by Grace M 
Grace M
My Cavalier King Charles has a black spot on her lip
January 14, 2013 10:04PM
My Cavalier King Charles is 3 years old & has a black spot about the size of a pea on her bottom lip. She has had it for approx 1 year & I took her to the Vets when it first came & they pricked it with a needle & it bled but they said it was nothing to worry about (probably just acne). However, this weekend it seems to have gotten bigger & popped when she knocked it whilst chasing after her ball causing it to bleed & it seems a little painful when you touch it now. It has also gone more of a dark red colour now but still about the size of a pea. Any suggestions on what it could be? Many thanks, Grace.
Re: My Cavalier King Charles has a black spot on her lip
January 18, 2013 03:49PM
Hi

If it was acne it shouldn't have last a year. Its not possible to diagnose any skin lump for certain without tissue cytology. I would advise you to return to your vets and ask them to test it again, surgery to remove the lump may be needed if its starting to bother her.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved