VetClick Discussion Forum

Cat Very Sensitive Where Tail Meets Back.

Posted by Rotarcased 
Rotarcased
Cat Very Sensitive Where Tail Meets Back.
January 14, 2013 03:17AM
Hello, my cat has had this discomfort (possibly pain) in the area that cats love to be pet, the area where the back meets the tail. He often sleeps with his hind legs fully extended. He appears to be getting worse. Ever since I noticed the symptoms, maybe 2 years ago, I've always avoided petting that spot. Now, if I even start petting in that direction, he does this higher-pitch meow that he's never done before.

When that area is touched, he wants to bring his back up but immediately drops back down. I can just barely touch the hairs and quickly flinches, turning his head towards his back and kind of licks at air. I'm going to go to the vet either tomorrow or Wednesday morning.

If anyone can shed some light on what is probably wrong, please let me know.

I thank anyone who can help, thanks,
Mark

I highlighted the said area, in read on this birman(my cat is a birman) picture.
Re: Cat Very Sensitive Where Tail Meets Back.
January 18, 2013 03:59PM
Hi Mark

There's various possibilities for the cause, but back pain would be one, did your vet suggest xrays of his spine to check it? I've posted your picture which is a great to illustrate your handsome cat and where his problem is.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved