VetClick Discussion Forum

GSD high urine concentrate trace of protein

Posted by jj 
jj
GSD high urine concentrate trace of protein
December 15, 2012 03:03PM
I have a 3 yr old male neutered GSD. He went to the vets and they said his urine was off the charts highly concentrated but a trace of protien. Not diabetic..not showing uti, but is having leaking and when vet felt bladder he did wince slightly. Could this be do to food or not getting enough water or can this be a form of kidney disease. He is currenly on antibiotics since the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him felt she would treat it as a uti. He presented with same symptoms almost a year ago and went away. Sometimes he surges looking for water and seems like he drink gallons like he is never going to see water again. He has currenly been on this medicine for 5 days out of a 10 day perscription...he has access to unlimited water but is not drinking excessively anymore....seems to still have some leaking and urine stream still irratic. Any thoughts?
Re: GSD high urine concentrate trace of protein
December 18, 2012 08:58PM
Hi

No I dont have any easy answers becaue there's a wide range of possibilities for the cause of his symptoms. If the problem doesnt go away I am guessing your vet will be needing to do more tests for himt. If they can rule out infection they will want to test for other bladder and kidney problems, including bladder stones. This would will involve taking images of your dog's urinary system. If he hasn't responded to the antibiotics I expect your vet will want to carry out a further work up for him next.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved