VetClick Discussion Forum

my kitten has roundworm!

Posted by Paris McKinney 
Paris McKinney
my kitten has roundworm!
December 04, 2012 12:15AM
Hello,

My kitten is 4 months old, I noticed he had vomited but thought nothing of it as it just looked like his food. After some hours he then started to not eat all of his food which is very not like him. A day later he vomited again but this time there were worms wriggling around in it. I looked up what type of worm it was and found out it was round worm! I went to my local supermarket and bought a dewormer especially for round worm which gets sprinkled onto his food. I bought him a wet can of food and mixed the dewormer with it, he nibbled some of it and just left the rest. I am in serious need of help as I have even cooked him chicken so I could mix it with that. He keeps vomiting but it's just water as his stomach is empty! I am questioning whether to go to the vets as the y would charge me monbut now I'm thinking this is whatm going to ha e to do. Please give me some answers as I hate seeing my kitten like this :-(
Re: my kitten has roundworm!
December 08, 2012 10:21AM
Hi

I am sorry if your efforts to worm your kitten have failed. It sounds like its because he's just not eaten all the wormer and is still vomiting. Vomiting, with or without roundworms, is a serious symptom if it continues and he will need treating. For cats there are alternative safe ways of treating worms, using products that you drop directly onto the skin which are absorbed. These are obtained from a vets, so this is your next source of help for your kitten. You do need the help of some treatment from a vet if he keeps vomiting.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved