VetClick Discussion Forum

Kittens tail/back

Posted by Katie 
Katie
Kittens tail/back
October 06, 2012 01:28PM
Hi my kitten was inside a carrier bag on the table playing but not trapped and enjoying the rustling sound and I was in the kitchen and she must of fell off onto the floor but landed on her back near her tail and she been meowing in pain and I'm worried she broke her bottom of her back or her tail :/ as its out of hours and I have no transport with my vets being a long way away I'm just wondering what to do and shall I leave her till Monday morning and see if she urinates or pass a stool. She is walking ok so definitely not her legs but could be her pelvis!! Please help as iv heard cats tails heal on there own but if She hasn't been to toilet then the vet might have to amputate her tail
Re: Kittens tail/back
October 08, 2012 08:49PM
Hi Katie

I've only just seen this post so I hope if your kitten wasn't getting better you have now managed to take her for a check up. Your thinking was correct that you needed to make sure she hadn't broken her tail or done some damage to her pelvis and the nerve supply to her bowels and bladder control which runs in the lower spine. I hope that the fall wasn't too far and that nothing that bad has happened.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved