VetClick Discussion Forum

young cairn/jack cross

Posted by cairnjack 
young cairn/jack cross
September 22, 2012 02:30AM
Hey all. It's 3am here so can't get a app till the morning.

My 2 year old cairn/jack cross is showing signs of illness. She had been away with my girlfriends parents (joint) for a night, and when I came home from work she was rather quiet, just sat on the couch been seemed okay. I've just woken up to go for a cigarette outside, and she is still curled up in a ball, not lifting her head to see when I come in the room nor is she interested when I go outside (usually she comes running out desperate to come with me or to toilet). She keeps almost licking/smacking her lips, like just moving her tongue around, but hasn't sneezed/coughed or vomitted or anything. She also keeps taking big breaths now and again, almost like a sigh about once minute/couple minutes.

Totally out of character, even when I call her name she'll barely look up and only really move her eyes to look at me. I haven't seen her sit up once in the half hour i've been sat with her, despite calling her to see if she'll perk up somewhat. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Re: young cairn/jack cross
September 24, 2012 09:58AM
Hi

I hope you did get your little dog seen. Its a bit late now for me to say anything much, though I do agree she was showing signs of illness. Sorry but we can't answer your messages urgently at night. That is highlighted in red as a general reminder to all using the forum. I hope things turned out OK for your dog.

When anyone needs to see a vet during the night or get advice over a weekend, they should be able to contact a veterinary practice that is providing a 24 hour emergency service. Every practice provides a service, even if it means having to drive a distance to another veterinary centre that isn't your own, your own vet may have an arrangement with a 24 hour emergency service provider elsewhere. When you register with a vet its always worth getting that information from the practice just in case, ask them the question 'who do I contact in an emergency and where is the service based?'

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved