VetClick Discussion Forum

please help me with my cat

Posted by please help 
please help
please help me with my cat
September 02, 2012 04:27PM
my cat was missing for two days.she came home last night and i think she has a broken leg.Due to it being a holiday weekend the vets prices are way high.i was wondering if someone could help me to figure out if she did brake her leg or not and what i can do untill i can get her into a vert this week coming up?she doesnt seem to be in pain.but she will not walk on the leg.the leg swings when she walks on her 3 legs.not sure what i should do at this point or if there is anything i can do?

thanks shara
Re: please help me with my cat
September 03, 2012 02:17PM
Hi Shara,

You need to take your cat to a vet immediately for diagnosis and treatment if you haven't already done so. Cats can be remarkably stoic when it comes to pain, but if it is a broken leg she will be feeling the exact same pain that we would as people i.e. it's the same nervous system. It may be a torn ligament or something less serious that she's damaged, but either way it will need appropriate treatment, which will most likely include pain relief.

Good luck,
Zara The Vet

[www.vetvoice.co.uk]
[www.zarathevet.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved