VetClick Discussion Forum

should I keep a second cat?

Posted by calico 
calico
should I keep a second cat?
December 13, 2011 02:34AM
Ive had my cat for 3 years now, and hes lived with 3 or 4 other cats on and off. he is always instantly friendly, though in this case, it took him a few months before he was particularly friendly with this one--this guy is incredibly friendly and headbutted mine the first time he saw him; mine avoided me for a couple of months, despite that he usually could always be found beside me, and then tolerated my and the other cat (who followed me around)'s presence for a few months, and has more recently been seen frolicking with this cat on occasion.
now, i am graduating school in 3 months, and this cat came home with a roommate and was subsequently pretty much abandoned by her. I am about to move across country, and plan to travel intermittently after I do so; as is, i feel bad leaving my cat/s alone, and am wondering if my cat would b enegative impacted by being removed from this other cat's presence, and if he wuld be significantly happier should it sustain. as is, I would leave the cat with a new roommate who has suggested he might be willing to take him.

one of the main reasons i gave into getting a cat is because of their infamous 'loner'/independent tendencies, and now feel guilty leaving him/them alone for sustained periods of time! I also know that everything from the car ride to finding a new place would be more difficult with two cats as opposed to one. would they benefit remarkably by being kept together?
Re: should I keep a second cat?
December 18, 2011 12:35PM
I am afraid until you try and see how it goes you will never know.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved