VetClick Discussion Forum

recurring stomach problems

Posted by dmcguiines 
recurring stomach problems
June 09, 2010 03:03PM
I have an 8yr old miniature schnauzer who has recurring stomach problems. She gets a rumbling, fizzing stomach and repeatedly lies down, jumps up, takes a few quick steps then drops down again ....... Sometimes she will eat and improve throughout the day but other times she won't eat and gets worse, often being sick. Sometimes she brings up food and other times, brings up slimy white froth. Her poo regularly varies in colour from light yellow to dark blacky green, and texture from normal to diarrhoea. This all happens at least once a month.
I always take her to the vet when it is bad and she gets Dexadreson and Betamox injections which sort her out. Her temperature is usually normal. The vet has come to the conclusion that she just has a sensitive stomach and is picking up things when out on walks that upset her.
I am very reluctant to confine her to a lead when out as she gets so much enjoyment and more exercise running free.
The vet has suggested a muzzle to prevent her eating anything when out, which I would be willing to try but am now wondering if there may be any supplements I could give her to strengthen her digestive system and maybe cut down the number of upsets she has. She is also on James Wellbeloved hypoallergenic food in an effort to help.
Re: recurring stomach problems
June 15, 2010 03:30PM
I would be inclined to ask for a referral to a gastro-enterolgist. I am not sure that I would agree with some of the treatment prescribed
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved