VetClick Discussion Forum

Stomach stapled and she still vomits

Posted by Shirley 
Shirley
Stomach stapled and she still vomits
June 09, 2010 06:12PM
Hi Walter

I have 3 rescue Great Danes all about the same age. A week ago the big boy developed a bloody cough, when looking this up on the internet I found your website.
We went to see the vet and took our grey Dane girl because she started limping at the same time.
Expecting the boy to have cancer in his lungs, he has cancer already, we were totally shocked when the girl was diagnosed with bone cancer and has maybe 8 more months to live.
In all the worry and sadness we thought at least our second female Dane is still healthy.
We had to go away for the weekend and got the call from our dog sitter that the "healthy" Dane started vomiting that morning and kept doing so .
We send her to see our vet and he had to do emergency surgery because she had GDV.
So it is now 2 days later and she stopped eating again and only vomits greenish liquid but she won't eat (which she did the first 2 days) .
SO we called our vet again and he said he is not too concerned about it because after the spleen was taken out and the stomach stretched and stapled everything is very sensitive .
We just came back in the house and there we found two more big puddles of greenish watery vomit.
PLEASE help.
Is that really normal and what can we do???
She has to drink and eat at one point??
Thanks
Shirley
Re: Stomach stapled and she still vomits
June 15, 2010 03:34PM
I am sorry to hear about your poblems, You have chosen to 'rescue' a very delicate breed and the conditions you have described are not unusual.
The recovery rate from GDV is about 10%, so I am afriaid that the prospects for your pet recovering are very poor.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved