VetClick Discussion Forum

Vet Nurse Employment

Posted by Julie Alach 
Vet Nurse Employment
September 01, 2006 02:28AM
Hello there,

I am a qulifide vet nurse currently working in New Zealand. I stuied for two years and gained the National certificate in Veterinary Nursing, and have been working in a mixed pratice with small animals and some equine nursing (which i would liked to gain more experience in) for just under two years. I am just enquiring if my NZ qulaification is recognised in the UK? and if so, will it be easy for me to find work (locum or full time). I'm looking at travelling over in December.

Regards,
Julie Alach
Re: Vet Nurse Employment
September 01, 2006 08:21AM
Hi, Julie,

I do not know if your NZ veterinary nurse qualification is recognised in the UK.

The VNs in the UK are regulated by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

If you go to its web site : www.rcvs.org.uk you will be able to contact the VN department for more information.

WB
simba bamhamire
December 29, 2006 05:49AM
i m working in zimbabwe, i got my diploma in veterinary nursing this year. i want to know if i can work in namibia?
December 29, 2006 08:51AM
Hi, Simba,

I am sorry, but I have no idea if your Zimbabwean VN qualification is acceptable in Namibia. You will need to ask the examining board in Zimbabwe which organises the qualification which you have, or the equivalent board in Namibia.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved