VetClick Discussion Forum

summer eyes

Posted by pru 
pru
summer eyes
May 25, 2005 10:33PM
my boy gets runny eyes every year. vet uaually gives him drops, they are not working so well this year. does anyone know i f it is ok to give brolene or goldeneye drops
Sarah
Re: summer eyes
May 26, 2005 05:17PM
I have the same problem and I use optrex on a regular basis and I have also used Brolene successfully! I make sure he always goes out in a fly net as it reduces the pollen, dust and wind that can get to him as well as the files irritating them. Obviously I am not a vet so I can only go from what results I have had and have no idea of long term damage?
Sarah
May 26, 2005 05:18PM
I have the same problem and I use optrex on a regular basis and I have also used Brolene successfully! I make sure he always goes out in a fly net as it reduces the pollen, dust and wind that can get to him as well as the files irritating them. Obviously I am not a vet so I can only go from what results I have had and have no idea of long term damage? Also, cold tea bags are excellent for soothing irritated eyes!

pru
May 26, 2005 09:25PM
thanks sarah, i think i will give it a go.
May 28, 2005 06:11PM
Hi, Pru,
You do not say what eye drops your vet prescribed. Have you asked him if he could give you different eye-drops or eye ontment, possibly one with a low dose of steroid?
Optrex and Brolen may help, and are unlikely to have any adverse effects, but I do think that your vet may be able to give your more assistance yet, if the worst comes to the worst by a referral to a veterinary ophthalmologist.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved