VetClick Discussion Forum

Boxer Bitch

Posted by Jenny Blackman 
Jenny Blackman
Boxer Bitch
May 20, 2005 10:08PM
A friend of mine has a 7 1/2 year old boxer bitch, a lovely dog. She's very healthy, however he wants to mate her. Is she too old?
Re: Boxer Bitch
May 21, 2005 07:47AM
Hi, Jenny,
I would not think it a good idea to breed a 71/2 year old boxer bitch for the first time. It could be OK, but there would be a risk of delivery difficulties.
Walter
Jenny Blackman
May 21, 2005 01:22PM
Thanks Walter, i'll pass your advice on to my friend. The boxer's health is in his best interests so he'll think about it carefully.

On another subject, i have a bitch who's 1/2 bulldog, 1/4 staffie and 1/4 labrador (I know, a bit of everything you could think of!) she'll be two in august.

She's has a lovely temperament and is very friendly, however, she is extremely boystrious. She's a jumper and when people try to stroke her she'll jump at them, now i know she wont hurt them but it's extremely un-nerving for the people she jumps at. She's my first dog and i've been training her as best i know how, she'll listen to me when we're in the house but as soon as we're outside she doesn't pay any attention to me. i have to keep her on the lead which is a shame because she loves to run. Should i keep trying myself or should i get some professional help for her? Her boystrousness may be down to her age, will she calm down as she gets older? I need her to learn to leave children alone, she's fine with my five year old but in the street she'll pull towards them.

Can you help??
May 21, 2005 06:41PM
Hi, Jenny,
I had a labrador bitch who was a puppy until she was 5!.
You have a number of problems here - you would be best advised to see a canine behaviourist. Your vet should be able to put you into contact.
In the meantime, ask your friends to totally ignore her, and not to stroke her.
Walter
Jenny Blackman
May 21, 2005 06:53PM
Thanks Walter,

I've been reading lots of the threads on here and many of them have been a help - i'll be using this place in the future .... seeing as i have a dog, cat and bearded dragon ..... honestly it's like a zoo at my house!

Best Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved