VetClick Discussion Forum

chloe's vomitting

Posted by adriean 
chloe's vomitting
February 12, 2008 07:12AM
Hi
just a few weeks ago I posted that chloe was vomitting everytime she would eat, so I took her to the vet for a lab workup and everything was within normal range. Apparently she had a bug so the vet put her on ID prescription food for sensitive stomachs and 3 small meals a day and it worked she is now back to normal, however I tried to put her back on her regular food little at a time and it seems to want to come up on her and she fights to keep it down. So I'm thinking of keeping her on ID.

adriean
Re: chloe's vomitting
February 12, 2008 09:29AM
Hi, Adriean,

I am pleased to hear that Chloe has ecovered from her vomiting.
If the ID diet you are giving her is made by a reputable company like Hills or Masterfoods I see no reason why you should not keep her on it permanently, except the cost!

W
February 14, 2008 04:11AM
I was thinking that I would keep her on the ID which is by Hills but should I be giving her dry food as well. Right now she eats wet food twice a day.

adriea
February 14, 2008 08:57AM
Hi, Adriean,

There is no 'should' about giving Chloe dry food, but if she enjoys it and it does not make her sick it will help to keep her teeth clean.

W
February 15, 2008 12:45AM
OOPS forgot to tell you Chloe only has 2 teeth
Adriean
February 15, 2008 08:43AM
Hi, Adriean,

Hmm. That could explain a lot - if she is swallowing dry food whole, it could be a cause of the vomiting.

W
February 18, 2008 01:39AM
I only give a half cup of dry food at night with mixables, it's a wetfood made to be mixed with dry food for small dogs, and I don't give dry food every nite just 3x a week

Adriean
February 18, 2008 09:24AM
Hi,

Try stopping the dry food altogther, but make sure that the moist food you are giving her is 'complete' and not meant to be supplemented by biscuit meal.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved