VetClick Discussion Forum

9wk GSD Bitch

Posted by momtoabrood 
9wk GSD Bitch
April 27, 2005 04:39PM
We bought a German Shepherd bitch yesturday, she's 9wks old, black and just like a huggie-bear. Anyhow, today she has vomitted several times, her poo's are soft and yellow (no diahorrea) and her tummy looks a little pot-bellied on the left hand side. Am I just being a worrywort or does it sound as though something is wrong. She is due to have her first jabs on Friday and in every other way she is fine.
Many thanks
Cherry
Re: 9wk GSD Bitch
April 27, 2005 04:43PM
Hi Cherry,
MOst likely youh have given her too much to eat, before letting her settle down in her new home. Ask the vet on Friday.
Walter
April 27, 2005 04:49PM
Many thanks Walter, can you tell me, are German Shepherd dogs a more "nervous" breed? this is our 3rd GSD, our first Duke had epilepsy and had to be put to sleep after having continual fits, he was a little nervy but he was also an abused rescue dog, our second, Tarka was nervy and used to vomit quite a lot in high stress situations ie: thunderstorms, and this wee one vomits just after she wee's on the floor. I was wondering if it was a nervy tummy if such thing exists in the animal world.
I guess I am just a complete paranoid and being an emetophobic doesn't help either.
Cherry
April 28, 2005 07:50AM
Hi, Cherry,
Yes, some strains of GSDs are 'highly strung' and very nervous.
Put up with the peeing on the floor, without (if possible) showing any signs of annoyance.
Lots of patience and TLC should help. You were wise to get her at the early age of 8 weeks - it is much easier to 'humanise' a pup as young as this rather than one of 16 weeks or more.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved