VetClick Discussion Forum

My cat isn't walking anymore

Posted by TC 
TC
My cat isn't walking anymore
September 15, 2007 10:08PM
Could someone please help me out, my cat just can't walk properly anymore. Her legs seem to function but when she stands up she seems off balance and quickly gives up on the idea.
The main problem is her back legs, the front ones seem to be functioning just fine. Unfortunately we have no clue why she is like this. We have taken her to see a vet who took an x-ray of her spine and legs, which checked out ok. We are taking her back to the vet tomorrow again to see if they can find whats wrong, but if anyone out there has an idea of what the problem could be please say so.

thank you
Re: My cat isn't walking anymore
September 16, 2007 07:41AM
Hi, TC,

You do not say how old your cat is, but I suspect that she is not in the first bloom of youth!
There are several possible explanations of the signs you decribe - though most of them should have showed up on x-ray.
Among those which would not I would include a thrombosis of her iliac veins, not uncommon in cats, and starving the muscles of the hind legs of blood. Some sort of nerve damage following injury is also a possibility.
As and if further signs develop your vet will be able to narrow down the diagnosis.

W
my can't stand up and wak
Re: My cat isn't walking anymore
January 12, 2016 06:02AM
My cat is 6 years old and yesterday she was sleeping all day now today she is sleeping and not eating. When she tries to stand up, she can't walk. This came on suddenly. I believe she has a fever. Do you know what could be wrong with her? I am taking her to the vet's tomorrow but am worried about the night.

Thank you.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved