VetClick Discussion Forum

Vomiting and passing out

Posted by Ginger 
Ginger
Vomiting and passing out
January 19, 2005 06:07PM
My pom is only 11 months old. On Sunday, I noticed Bandit eatting something that the cats had left by the porch. He had less than 2 minutes to swallow whatever it was before I saw him. Within 30-45 minutes, he began to gag and then vomited bile. As soon as he vomited, he passed out. He went head first and then landed on his side. The next morning he ate some grass and vomited again. This time he only staggered after he finished and looked as though he was really confused about what just happened. He is eatting normal and his stools are normal. Everyone I have spoken to has said that dogs don't pass out when they vomit. My vet wants me to bring him in for testing. He did not get sick yesterday and is still acting fine. Should I bring him to the vet for all of the tests or is it just whatever he ate from the cats?
Re: Vomiting and passing out
January 20, 2005 09:00AM
Hi, Ginger,
I think that you would be just as well to get Bandit checked by a veterinary surgeon.
The collapse after vomiting could ( it does not have to be) be a sign of a heart problem, and , if so, the sooner you know the better. A vet would be able to advise you about long-term management. Several toy breeds do have a pre-disposition to such problems.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved