VetClick Discussion Forum

dog anal problem?

Posted by Dawn 
Dawn
dog anal problem?
December 19, 2004 09:17PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this... my dog is not off his food & predominantly eats only dry food. He is about 3 1/2 & a lurcher cross (rspca rescue dog).

For the last day or so he seems to be uncomfortable putting his tail down. I examined his anus & it looked a little dirty so gently cleaned it - it wouldn't be the 1st time he'd gone to the loo & got grass stuck! - however it still seems to be uncomfortable & quite pink. When he sits he doesnt quite connect with the floor- yet sitting or lying down seems to be preferable to standing. I gave him worming tablets earlier today as a precaution & he doesnt have fleas though he was recently treated with his usual preventative. He does seem happy enough but I think a vet trip might be the best call- just wondered if anyone had any idea what it could be & what I could try to relieve his discomfort.

thanks!

Re: dog anal problem?
December 20, 2004 03:02PM
Hi, Dawn,His problem could be:
1 Impacted Anal Gland /Anal gland abcess
2 Bone fragments or someting similar lodge in his back end.

Both are best treated by a veterinary surgeon.
Walter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved