VetClick Discussion Forum

Dog is stuck in "air hump" position

Posted by Kasia 
Kasia
Dog is stuck in "air hump" position
January 15, 2016 05:27PM
Hello there!

My one year old, fixed, male, German Shepherd is doing two strange things (noticed it start around 3/4 months ago):

1. At least 2-3 times a week, usually in the AM right when he wakes up, he will be rapidly air hump while hes laying on his side. He usually looks very confused as to what's happening. I'm not sure if anything comes out, but he typically licks the floor/his groin area right after. Then he gets up, and is fine all day! This usually happens in the morning, and if not it is right after he naps.

2. He will get "stuck" in the air hump position, his back is very arched-almost cat like- and he can't move. We try to get his attention/ throw toys/ give him treats and he just stares up at us helplessly until the moment passes and hes fine.

He has had basically no health problems since we adopted him (we got him at 3 months and he was already fixed, maybe this is the issued?)

Please help my puppy!!!

Thank you,
Kasia
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved