VetClick Discussion Forum

Dog drinking lots

Posted by Daniel broadbent 
Daniel broadbent
Dog drinking lots
September 01, 2013 06:14PM
Hi, my bitch Staffordshire bull terrier who is 10 years old has started drinking a lot more water (about 4 times more than usual), she is not eating as much as usual and also her tail has started to change to a light browny colour even going bald in places (she is a black dog). Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for your help. Dan
Re: Dog drinking lots
September 22, 2013 10:01AM
Hi Daniel

You posted this a while ago but in case you haven't done it I think you should be taking your dog along to a vet for a check up and some tests. Drinking much more than normal is one symptom that you could see with a whole range of possible internal or hormonal problems. If it's accompanied by a drop in appetite as in your dog, that's a worry or an increased appetite -that's also a worry, especially if a dog is losing weight. Is your dog losing weight? I would expect so if problems have been going on for a while. Coat changes and hair loss can be part of symptoms of a hormonal imbalance. The list is too long for me to tell you what's wrong, take her to your vet for. If you have done that you may have discovered what the problem is for her by now.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved