VetClick Discussion Forum

is my cat ill?

Posted by Meg 
Meg
is my cat ill?
August 24, 2013 06:50PM
My cat Ted has been sick alot. he won't keep down 95% of his food and he just lays about all day. I'm very worried because his not even 7 months old yet. If you know anything about this please tell me.
Re: is my cat ill?
September 10, 2013 08:18PM
Meg

It doesn't sound good and your cat needs a vet, I hope you've taken him along by now.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
AprilJinxy
My Cat
September 02, 2013 06:17AM
My cat is 12 years old. She has never had a problem with this before, but about a month ago I noticed that her eyes were streaming.. there were stains where her eyes had teared. That has gotten a lot better, but now her nostrils have black crust in them. She won't let me pick it off, it seems to hurt her. She also has some black crust on the bottom of her chin. I'm not sure what this is? Is it a respiratory infection? Also, what else can I do for her here at home without a veterinarian visit? She seems to have pretty much the same amount of energy... healthy appetite, etc. thank you
Re: My Cat
September 22, 2013 10:32AM
Hi

Your cat's eyes may have, or have had a problem and the excess tears and discharge would have drained down her nose. There may be an infection present either in the skin or a respiratory infection. If the crusts are building up and causing soreness and discomfort that may be why she won't let you clean her face. Cleaning her eyes and nose gently is about the only thing you could do at home. I would say that a trip to the vet is the best action, even if she doesn't seem very ill. They will be able to recommend medication if its needed.

Lisa reed
my cat
September 15, 2013 11:48PM
I have a male neutered cat who recently has been licking his private area and will not let me touch the area to see what's wrong, he will act like its painful, but he does not feel like this all the time, some days not at all. This has been going off and on for about a month.
Re: my cat
September 23, 2013 05:03PM
Hi

Excessive licking of his penis and groin might indicate a problem. What signs of pain is he showing? If you notice any other symptoms such as him straining to urinate he may have cystitis. That can turn into something more serious and lead to a urinary blockage. Don't leave this too long if he keeps showing symptoms and acting as if he's in pain, get him checked by a vet.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved