VetClick Discussion Forum

Will my female shih zhu dog get pregnant?

Posted by Belinda lee 
Belinda lee
Will my female shih zhu dog get pregnant?
August 21, 2013 11:36AM
My dog got her last period on the 12 March 2013.. And she will be getting her next period real soon next month, September. I have a male Spitz dog at home which suddenly humped on my female dog on Monday, 19 August 2013.. I did stop the male dog but I am afraid if he accidentally did humped on my dog. I am kinda worried. Will my female dog get pregnant at this stage?
Re: Will my female shih zhu dog get pregnant?
September 10, 2013 07:17PM
Hi Belinda

If your dog was not truly in her heat period i.e. and had been bleeding prior to this event, she would not have been able to get pregnant when this happened. However, the male sounds a determined kind of guy and keeping him away from her when she does come fully into her heat period is going to be a nightmare. You will need to keep them separate and he will make every attempt to get to her if kept in the same space. Can one of them stay away during this time? I hope its not already too late!

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved