VetClick Discussion Forum

My cat is breathing weird (again)

Posted by CC1996 
My cat is breathing weird (again)
August 06, 2013 06:52PM
Hi, I have a 3 year old cat who I got in 2010. About 2-3 weeks ago my parents, brother and I took him to get neutered. After a day or so, he seemed fine but by Wednesday that week (We got him fixed on the Monday), my dad noticed he was starting to breathe weirdly (Rapidly and sometimes with his mouth open), and by the Friday, his breathing was at around 100 breaths/minute, so we took him to the vet. The vet informed us he had quite a fever and he was slightly dehydrated, and after some x-rays said he was having issues with his bronchioles. She gave us a bronchioldialator (To be taken for a week) and some antibiotics(to be taken for 2 weeks). After the 2 weeks on the antibiotics were almost finished (at about the 10 day mark), the cat started throwing up 1-2 hours after we gave him the pills with his favourite wet food (along with the dry food he has in his bowl all the time). A friend told us it might be the wet food so we stopped giving him that and just gave him the pills without it and he seemed fine until Friday where after only 10 minutes, he threw up again but it looked like he threw up the pill as well but since it was the last day on his meds, my mom and I didn't think it mattered. After a few days he seemed fine and his breathing was pretty much back to normal, until Sunday when we started noticing his breathing is rapid again even when he's sleeping. The only difference is that he still has an appetite and his nose is wet during the day, but the breathing is back almost as fast as 2 weeks ago... Is it possible that his infection came back, and will he be okay?
Re: My cat is breathing weird (again)
August 08, 2013 07:00AM
Hi

I hope you go back to your vet because this sounds complicated and yes possibly the problem has returned.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved