VetClick Discussion Forum

cat has errupts violently from sleep

Posted by flik-1 
flik-1
cat has errupts violently from sleep
June 20, 2013 09:30PM
My female ginger and white cat, estimate to be about 6-7 years old has had 2 episodes that I have seen/been victim of.
Initially she was asleep and calm and had been so for half hour to an hour on my lap. Then with no warning she forcefully and violently claws me and leaps as if electrocuted about 2 foot in the air, still clawing anything she contacts and then runs off looking really shocked. First time she scratch me face to shreads, second time I managed to duck it but again she was scratvhing out. She has her claws trimmed as are like needles. Even so strenght of fit was more than she would use in a fight against another of our cats, so she did quiet alot of damage.
Is she having a fit or a seizure or something not to worry about. Both occasions in last month or so.
Re: cat has errupts violently from sleep
July 20, 2013 03:26PM
Hi

It's been a month since you sent this and sorry I have been unable to post til now. If your cat is still showing this strange behaviour I certainly think it needs to be checked out. Take her for a health check and a vet will able to give her an examination. They will advise what kind of testing needs to be done if she is still having these violent episodes. Sounds like you also need to be careful that she doesn't hurt you during them.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved