VetClick Discussion Forum

My dog sad smiley

Posted by cameronschope 
cameronschope
My dog sad smiley
June 16, 2013 08:22AM
My dalmation who ive had for a few years now has grown some sort of large growth near the inside of his back right leg. it is about the size of my fist. ive been putting bedadine on it and my other dog will lick it every now and again. it isn't black or anything it just looks very pussy but it also has blood coming out of it. when i take him for walks it somtimes drips a few drops of puss. it doesnt seem to hurt him at all and i dont know what to do. i love him and i dont know what i can do. please help
Re: My dog sad smiley
June 18, 2013 06:46PM
Hi

First, a growth the size of your fist is big! Is sounds like its ulcerating and getting infected. That can't be comfortable and may actually be quite sore. There's also the risk of the tumour spreading from his leg to elsewhere in his body. Sorry but although you love him you can't really do much for him. Its quite possible that a vet could operate and remove the growth. That's the best course of action, take him for assessment by a vet if you can.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved