VetClick Discussion Forum

My cat's very thin and very ill

Posted by deanpem555444 
My cat's very thin and very ill
April 15, 2013 10:40PM
Just wondered if anyone know's what's wrong with my mum's cat, she is 12 and is a farm like breed cat, for the past few month's she has gone very thin ( her spine and rib's are showing) but eat's a hell of a lot of food and is allway's begging to be fed ( her belly is big) which i cant understand why her rib's and spine are showing, she doesnt drink a lot of water either, she is very week and doesnt seem to go outside much, she has a lot of dioreah with blood in it most of the time, for the last week she is just slumped down on the kitchen floor with no energy, we took her to the vet a few month's ago and they said its her kidneys and pancreas, since then she has got very bad, ive got no idea what it is???? do any of you know? thank's for your time and answer's.
Re: My cat's very thin and very ill
May 14, 2013 07:04PM
Hi

You were told that she was ill some time ago so I think the medical conditions have now just got even worse. She clearly isn't digesting her food properly and is in some distress. You should take her back to the vet to see if they can offer any help for her. Hope you can do that.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved