VetClick Discussion Forum

Cat with cracked hip bone

Posted by Jess1234 
Jess1234
Cat with cracked hip bone
March 24, 2013 09:48PM
Hi, my 6 month old kitten was diagnosed with a cracked hip bone 4 weeks ago. She is currently on cage rest and due to go back to the vets for check up next week. I have noticed she still has a bit of limp when walking ( she is fine in herself and likes to climb up her cage!) will this be a permanent side effect of the cracked hip or does it mean the bone hasn't/ isn't healing properly. she isnt on any medication and isnt showing any signs of pain.

Just want to prepare myself for next week really as vets did mention re xraying and operating if shes not healed.

thanks
Re: Cat with cracked hip bone
April 22, 2013 05:00PM
Hi

Fortunately young cats pelvic bones heal pretty well, even if there is still a limp it is early days and mor healing will happen. She cant be too bad if she can climb her cage! Keep on with the cage rest and follow your vets advice regarding xrays.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved