VetClick Discussion Forum

putting a dog to sleep

Posted by JenO 
JenO
putting a dog to sleep
February 01, 2013 11:34PM
We have decided that the time has come to put our beloved family dog Charlie to sleep, his health has been gradually failing over the last few months and since yesterday he is using the use of his legs. The problem we have is we do not like our registered vet surgery. Is it it possible to telephone another surgery to have the deed done or do we have to be registered there?
Re: putting a dog to sleep
February 08, 2013 06:54PM
Hello

I imagine you may made your decision by now but I thought it would be helpful to say that you are entitled to register with any vet for the purpose of having euthanasia of a pet. There are no restrictions, just find another one local to you. Most practices being approached with your request, certainly my own, would understand your reasons as explained in your post for having this done. It is a sad and sensitive time and owners need to trust and feel comfortable with the vet involved in dealing with their pet at the end of life. I am sorry you have faced this sad situation and that you did not feel happy with your previously registered vets.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved