VetClick Discussion Forum

Cat vomitting

Posted by Amwindrow 
Cat vomitting
January 27, 2013 04:09PM
Hi,
My cat who is 2 years old now was vomiting quite regularly for the last week.
The day before I was going to take him the vet he threw up and I noticed a worm.
I wasn't aware worms could be vomited up,
So I have him a worming tablet that seemed to work well.
We has eating again, was back to his normal self.

Then about 1 days ago he threw up again but this time it was very much mainly food rather that liquid like last time.
Should I be worried or is it possible he just got excited being well again and ate too much food?

Thanks
Re: Cat vomitting
February 08, 2013 04:43PM
Hi

Certainly worms can commonly be vomited up as well as passed, I guess you know that now anyway. Giving him a broad spectrum worm pill
was the right thing to do and the simple place to start to treat the symptoms. What you have had to since this time will depend on if the vomting has continued. If it was a simple case due to the worms the vomiting should have stopped by now. If it hasn't stopped after this further preiod of time your cat should be seeing a vet by now in case there's an underlying more serious problem.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved