VetClick Discussion Forum

1 year old cat / sore leg

Posted by Pepsifatcat 
Pepsifatcat
1 year old cat / sore leg
January 06, 2013 03:03AM
My one year old cat has been acting differently this evening. Earlier today when she tried to lay on her left side she made a small meow, but laid down. It happened again to her later on. She has been a bit more drowsy and cuddly. An hour ago, my husband was stroking her leg and she meowed again and kicked her foot away. We checked pads, claws, moved inch by inch up her leg and she didn't seem sore. We moved lesg around and nothing. Now, I just put her on the bed and when trying to get down she cried.. so I set her down on my own. She's walking fine... Doesn't seem to be a limp... Playing... Purring.... Eating... Using bathroom. But seems just off.. any suggestions?
Re: 1 year old cat / sore leg
January 15, 2013 06:57PM
Hi

I am guessing by now you will know if this really became a problem or not. In general if any problem lameness/soreness is minor or not present all the time, you can afford to wait and see if your pet's problem gets worse or gets better. This may have been a cat bite sustained during a fight, which hadn't become infected-yet. Often you cant feel much on a limb when this first happens but within a few days an infection develops in the wound and the soreness gets worse if this is happening, plus the cat becomes ill. I hope this didnt happen but if it has you should by now take her to a vet for treatment. Few cat fight infections heal well without antibiotics.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved