VetClick Discussion Forum

glow in the dark snow

Posted by Martin 
Martin
glow in the dark snow
January 01, 2013 06:16PM
Hi, my dog Clara ate some glow in the dark snow sad smiley The stuff is for age 6+ and doesn't say anything about ingestion on the pot as I guess they dont expect anyone to eat it. It comes as crystal flakes and when you add water it swells to 100 times its size and turns into a glow in the dark gel. She got hold of some of the gel, probably about half way expanded and seems to be needing to urinate much more than usual, her behaviour is the same. She really is a lovely dog, just a year old, is there anything I could be giving her before getting her to the vets?

happy new year
Re: glow in the dark snow
January 04, 2013 12:27PM
Hi

I do hope this had a happy ending for Clara as its way too late now for me to give you any advice now that would be helpful. Any emergecy vet clinic should have access to information even out of normal hours on toxins and substances that might be poisonous to pets. If your dog eats something silly then in future phone an emergency vet for advice on what to do. They can usually check the substance with a Veterinary Poisons service. There are specific treatments and antidotes and sometimes the treatment involves inducing vomiting to prevent the substance or drug being absorbed.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved