VetClick Discussion Forum

Guinea Pig?

Posted by sammylee12 
sammylee12
Guinea Pig?
October 18, 2012 04:41PM
Hi just a quick enquiry. ive had guinea pigs for a while and all of them let me pick them up and cuddle or play. but Oreo wont let me pick her up stroke her or even put my hand in cage, If i do she bites scrathes or curls up in the corner. Latest bite today she took out a chunk of skin and actually drew blood,,, Any Idea's what could be wrong? Thanks Guinea Pig Lover smiling smiley
Re: Guinea Pig?
October 23, 2012 10:04PM
Hi

I agree its unusual for a guinea pig to be this grumpy, they are usually very placid and friendly pets. Has she always been like this or is it a new development in her behaviour? They can be grumpy sometimes though, and I have known a few like that. You could take her for a vet check up just in case something is wrong and causing her to behave like this. Otherwise if she's eating well and there's nothing obviously wrong, observe her closely and try to work with her by offering her tasty food that she likes by hand to make a more positive bond between you both.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Beth Long
December 05, 2012 12:55AM
Hi, my GP just gave birth to one little baby that looks and acts really healthy but theres still bloody slime still coming out and it's been since at least midnight last night when she delivered and her belly still looks a little plump..is there anything that could be wrong here and is there anything that I could do to check anything for her?
December 08, 2012 10:26AM
Hi

Its suspicious from your description and the discharge that there were other babies still inside. Guinea pigs dont often just have one baby. Hope you have had her checked by a vet for this as you should if the discharge continues, and especially if she doesnt seem well.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved