VetClick Discussion Forum

ears

Posted by tracyjg 
ears
August 10, 2009 05:26PM
hi i have a border collie pup her ears were normal when we had her but they have kind of gone all over the place i have heard its from teething is this true and if its the case will they go back to normal after teething. ?
i know her mum and dad are down ears.
Re: ears
August 11, 2009 08:00AM
Hi,

It is not very clear what you mean by 'normal. or by 'gone all over the place' or even by 'down ears'.
Whatever, time will sort it out and there is nothing that you can do about it.

W
August 11, 2009 10:36AM
i mean when we had her, her ears were flat when we picked her up and now they have gone up and kinked over. i wanted to know if this was normal for a border collie when teething some say that it does effect there ears at this time.
August 11, 2009 10:41AM
her ears were flat when we had her and so are her parents since shes been here for about 4wks now her ears have changed direction and her ears have moved forward above her head. i read somewhere that it was caused by teething stage , i was wondering if this was right or not, her ears do look inflammed inside.
thank you
tracy
August 11, 2009 04:40PM
Hi,

Border collies should not have upstanding ears, and it is correct for them to have a bend across them and flop forward.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved