VetClick Discussion Forum

Introducing Cat to Kittens

Posted by AP 
AP
Introducing Cat to Kittens
September 24, 2011 04:34PM
I own an approximately 2 year old indoor/outdoor cat that was vaccinated this time one year ago. He also tested negative for FIV/FeLV at that time. He seems perfectly healthy but we have not been to the vet since last year.

I also have a litter of 5 kittens that I have been bottle feeding since they were about 4 days old. They are about 4 weeks now, and unvaccinated. I have been keeping them isolated from my older cat, because I was worried about disease transmission.

So my question is,

Can I introduce my cat to the kittens at this point, or is it possible that he can transmit a disease, despite being vaccinated?

Thank you.
Re: Introducing Cat to Kittens
September 26, 2011 07:41AM
The short answer is that the adult could transmit something to the kittens because vaccination does not cover all diseases nor does it necessarily prevent disease transmission. You do however have to be practical about these things.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved