VetClick Discussion Forum

Medical or behavioral problem?

Posted by Claryon_119 
Claryon_119
Medical or behavioral problem?
September 05, 2011 12:05PM
My dog has been spayed, 3-4 years ago, recovered well after surgery without complications and without any kind of infection. The problem is that only after it eats, it starts to cry. We should also be careful if we want to pet her tummy, and especially in the area where it was operated because it starts to growl. It hadn’t any infections (I guess the infections supposed to manifest somehow in 3-4 years after surgery), is happy, eats well. If we go to see what comes around when it is crying , it comes joyful shaking its tail. We talked with several doctors in town and was told that a dog is spoiled. I would like to know who is also your opinion about this behavior.
Re: Medical or behavioral problem?
September 15, 2011 08:59AM
If your dog routinely does this when eating then I suspect there is a real problem, not behavioural. There may be a problem with the intestine unrelated to the previous surgery or there may be a problem related to the previous surgery such as adhesions or a swab left in the abdomen by the surgeon. Ultrasound/xray of the abdomen may be helpful.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been on holiday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 09:03AM by MarkRicher.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved