VetClick Discussion Forum

cat scatching itself with claws?

Posted by ssbd 
cat scatching itself with claws?
February 25, 2004 03:38AM
hi i have a kitten less than a year old and i have recently noticed alot of wounds on the side of her face and under her ears. im asuming this is from scratching there. id rather not have her claws clipped and when i took her to the local vet he dismissed it was nothing important and gave me some medication for her which doesnt do anything.now the wounds are much larger and im getting worried. ever hear of anything like this before? any help would be great thankyou

Re: cat scatching itself with claws?
February 25, 2004 08:25AM
Have you had her ears checked for ear mites?
Look inside the ear, and see if there is a brownish waxy discharge. It is not always the case, but is a useful pointer if there is.
Re: cat scatching itself with claws?
February 25, 2004 09:40AM
just checked... i didnt notice anything strange about her innner ear. it isnt limited to her ear though the wounds are getting closer to her neck. im gonna take her down to the vet again and probably have her claws clipped but i'll have him double-check her ears for mites as well thanks alot for the speedy responce i really didnt expect it that soon.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved