VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Ciara 
Ciara
August 31, 2008 01:54PM
I am 16 and am just about to start college in 3 days time.
I have chosen my A Level subjects to be Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths & French.
I have always wanted to be a Vet and am willing to put in every bit of effort to achieve this.
However, I am struggling to find places to acquire work experience!
I have tried many Veterinary Clinics, catteries, kennels and farms without any avail.
I live in a small village and there aren't many opportunities nearby for voluntary animal-related work experience.
- Any advice on this would be absolutely fantastic!

I achieved okay GCSE results (4A*'s, 6A's & 1b) but am worried that Further Maths may be too difficult for me. If I drop the subject within my first year of study, would it affect my chances of becoming a Vet?

Many thanks, Ciara
August 31, 2008 02:31PM
Hi, Clara,

With your very impressive grades at O level, I think you will have a very good chance of getting into University vet school - congratulations!

If you could do Physics rather than Maths or French in your A levels I think it would be to your advantage.

Are there any animal welfare charity centres near you, such as the Blue Cross, or PDSA where thay may be willing to accept you on a voluntary basisi?

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved